Reservations Winter 2019/2020
Reservation and seating policies
Nagomi Sushi Whistler is an intimate, family owned restaurant located in the Upper Village with a maximum seating capacity of 62. Whilst we do keep a limited number of seats available for walk-ins, our reservation spaces fill up very quickly and we strongly recommend booking in advance. For parties of 6 or more, please read below.
Nagomi Sushi is a reservation driven restaurant. We do welcome walk-in guests and will accommodate them as much as possible.
Reservations are accepted by phone and email
A Manager is here to answer the phone around 4pm every day. If you can’t reach us, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Reservation request messages left on the answering machine are honored in the order they are received. Please clearly state name, and number of guests in party, date requested and especially your telephone phone number. There may be times where an employee states that a manager must call back to confirm. Please understand this is done only to ensure proper table spacing times for the day requested. If your party is 6 people or more please fill out this large party reservation form and see below or alternatively call us on 604-962-0404.
Large Party Policy
Large party reservations (6 people or more) are difficult to accommodate given the size of the restaurant, however, we will have a few spots for 6 people every night. A large party reservation during service hours will require a credit card to reserve, and must be confirmed the day of the reservation. Our ability to increase the number of diners in a party is very limited. Large parties have a limited dining time of 2 hours, so that we can accommodate another table to follow on.
Reservation Timing Policy
All guests in our restaurant are given a 1.5 hour dining time in our restaurant. If you would prefer a more leisurely dining experience please book a table for 8:30 PM or later.
Parties that are late for their reservation time are given ten minutes before we call the phone number that we have to ascertain arrival status. Given the limited seating of the restaurant, fifteen minutes late with no contact will void your reservation. Please understand, this is solely due to the size and seating capacity of the restaurant. If you are late, we urge you to contact us so we can make our best effort to accommodate you and your party. Again, due to our limited space and demand, a “No call” and or “No show” will result in a $20 per person charge.
- Separate checks can be accommodated, however we limit it to six(6)
- We do allow guest to bring in their own wine with the exception of any wines/ Sake we may have on our list. There is a corkage fee of $35.00 per bottle.
- Guests with food allergies should inform your server at the beginning of your meal, prior to ordering. Please discuss your food allergies with the server so the chef can adjust your meal.
- All parties of six or more will have an automatic service charge of 18%.
- Wheelchair access: the ramp is located next to the Blackcomb Daylodge which will take you to the back of the Chamois, entrance through Handlebar.
- Skis and Snowboards/ Bikes: can be placed outside.
- Unfortunately it is simply not safe for our staff or patrons to have our restaurant filled with prams, skis, snowboards etc. There is undercover storage outside our restaurant.
I have a party larger than 6, can I split my booking over 2 or more tables?
- Unfortunately we are unable to split bookings over multiple tables for several reasons. One reason is that due to the size of our restaurant and the layout of our tables we simply do not have the ability to create multiple tables of 6. Secondly, whilst our chefs are absolutely fantastic at getting your orders made and on your table in a timely fashion, we are only able to achieve this through limiting the number of guests that are sat per 15 minute time slots. Exceptions may be possible for seating’s at 9 PM or later, please contact Nagomi Sushi for more information.
Why do I only have 1.5 hours to dine in your restaurant?
- Due to the intimate capacity of our restaurant and the high demand for seating, we have fine tuned our menu, kitchen and server knowledge and skills to ensure that 1.5 hours is more than adequate to allow you to have a memorable dining experience whilst also allowing for other guests to dine with us. If you would like longer than 1.5 hours to dine with us please book for 8:30 PM or later.
I am running late but don’t want to give up my table?
- We understand that life happens and sometimes you have no control over whether or not your kid will agree to put his shoes or that you became lost on the way to Nagomi Sushi. Please call us and let us know so that we can either hold your reservation for you with shortened dining time or re-book you for another time depending on availability.
Why do I have to provide a credit card and what is the cancellation fee?
- During peak season and holiday times we experience a very high volume of reservation requests and unfortunately we ocasionally have to turn tables away due to our limited capacity. Due to this we require a credit card to ensure you are actually planning on dining with us at your booked time. A cancellation policy is the only fair way to ensure everybody has the ability to dine with us. The cancellation policy is a required 24 hours notice otherwise you will be charged at $20 per person. If we are able to re-book you in for another time we will happily waive the cancellation fee.
Can I order take out?
- Yes! We are very happy to announce that we are able to provide take-out options for our fantastic sushi. We offer take-out services for pick up only directly through our restaurant, please call 604-962-0404 to place a take-out order. Take-out orders require a minimum of 30minutes to be prepared with priority given to our in house guests over take-out. We reserve the right to stop accepting take-out orders at any given time.
I want take-out but I don’t want to leave the house, is it possible to get Nagomi sushi deliverd?
- Good news! We are excited to announce that we partner with Whistler Dine-In for deliveries of our delicious sushi. If you would like to order sushi for delivery please contact Whistler Dine-In on 604-966-6866 or at whistlerdinein.com to place an order directly with them.
We offer gift cards for our restaurant which can be paid for in cash or on card and picked up directly from our restaurant. Gift cards are only redeemable on items from a la carte menu and cannot be used solely for drinks. Gift cards to Nagomi Sushi generally do not have an expiration date however gift cards given out in promotions may be subject to an expiration date.