Nagomi Sushi Covid Safety Plan
Covid Safety Plan May 2020 1.0
First level protection:
– Physical distancing will be enforced at all times.
– We provide hand sanitizer, soap and tap water for guests and staff.
– “If practicable, employers are also required by this order to retain the contact information for one member of every party of patrons for 30 days in the event that there is a need for contact tracing on the part of the medical health officer”- Work Safe BC. Nagomi Sushi will do their best to keep track of this information.
– We have limited our occupancy to 50%. This means we can have up to 30 guests in our dining room at the same time. Therefore we won’t be able to take parties larger than 5 due to our small space and layout of the premises.
– The lounge area is not available for the public at this time, we kindly ask everyone to wait outside while your table is being prepared.
– Please follow the arrows when you’re walking in the restaurant.
– We strongly encourage reservations, this will allow us to keep the accurate patrons number. We apologize in advance to the guests who we won’t be able to accommodate at certain times.
– We have limited our food and beverage menu.
– Water jugs will be provided to each table for self service.
– Our staff number varies between 8-10 people each day.
– Each table has a maximum of 1.5hr dining time, in order to accommodate the next reservations in a prompt manner, please be mindful of this when you plan your evening.
– We accept Visa, Mastercard and Debit, and we encourage tap to avoid contact, if this is the case, your server will ask you how much gratuity you’d like to add (15%, 18%, 20%+). – No cash is allowed.
– We thank you in advance for your patience with our staff, as we are doing our best to accommodate all your needs, with limited resources.
– We encourage that take-out orders to be placed over the phone.
– We offer a limited take-out menu, as well as liquor and non alcoholic beverages to go.
– Please be aware our staff is limited and wait times can be long, especially on weekends and holidays.
– We accept Visa and Mastercard , we encourage payment over the phone, if this is the case, your server will ask you how much gratuity you’d like to add (0%, 10%, 18%+). If you pay at pick up time with a Debit card, we encourage tap. – No cash is allowed.
– Delivery is not available at this time.
– Please wait outside while your order is being prepared.
Second level protection (Barriers and partitions)
– We ensure a safe distance of 2m in between tables.
– Walkways show what direction to follow in the premises.
Third level protection (Rules and guidelines)
– We have several hand wash stations and provide hand sanitizer for our staff.
– We provide sanitizer and disinfectant on site, so that our staff can clean their sections at all times.
– We provide sanitizer so that our staff can clean POS machines, door handles and anything that is a contact point.
– We have pods of workers who work together exclusively weekly.
– We provide a checklist to be signed daily in regards to staff health status.
– We provide a checklist to make sure staff is cleaning all contact points before, after and during service.
– We provide single use containers for take-out.
– We provide single use chopsticks for dine-in and take-out.
Fourth level protection: Using masks
– We have provided online training with our staff in regards to our Safety Plan and PPE.
– We provide facemasks and gloves for our staff.
Cleaning protocol and policies
– We have created a checklist to ensure disinfecting is happening before, during and after service. FOH staff are alternating taking care of tables, chairs, door handles, counters, light switches, electronic devices, etc. BOH are taking care of counters, fridges, walk-in fridge/freezer, sushi bar, bathrooms, etc.
– Hand washing is in effect at all times.
– Training was provided in regards to covering coughs and sneezes as well as touching faces.
– We have removed unused table settings to simplify cleaning processes.
– Our workplace ensures that workers that show any symptoms of Covid-19 are prohibited in the premises and need to follow provincial procedures.
– Hand washing signage has been placed in conspicuous places for our staff and guests.